fl Department of Education COVID Update
August 21, 2020
• Students should not come to school if their fever is above 100.4 (FLDOE).
• Students should not come to school if they have a sore throat, cough, diarrhea, headache, vomiting, or body aches.
• Do not send your child to school if they had close contact with a COVID 19 case.
• Anyone at school who is sick will be sent home immediately and will not be able to return until symptoms end.
• Anyone considered vulnerable will be encouraged to do distance learning.
• In case of COVID 19 on campus, we will close the smallest space possible (classroom not the school)
• Please be mindful of your habits outside of school, and ask what you may be sending to the school.
• PLEASE FIND MORE HELPFUL INFORMATION ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL, including a Symptomatic Decision Tree
Reopening Plan from Mrs. Getford
July 21, 2020
Dear ACA Parents,
This email is a follow-up to the email sent earlier this morning, concerning the start date of our fall program for the 20-21 school year. At this time, our start date remains Monday, August 10. Also, below is some additional important information:
For those parents choosing the traditional program, with attendance on campus, please expect information concerning our virtual Student Orientation on August 6.
For those parents choosing the Distance Learning (DL) program for their student(s), you will receive a separate email with the general details concerning the Distance Learning program. You will also receive communication from your child’s teacher(s) on how to navigate the classes. Additionally, please expect information concerning our virtual Student Orientation on August 6.
The office is currently reviewing your registration paperwork. For any updates concerning demographics, scholarships, financial information, or school policies, you will receive a request through your email address on file or a phone call from the office staff.
The following is a reminder of our policy concerning COVID precautions:
At this time students will not be required to wear a mask. However, we are asking that all students have a mask available at all times. If we find ourselves in a situation where distancing is not possible, we may ask your child to mask until appropriate. Another requirement for masking is in the computer labs.
Hand sanitizer will be used at all appropriate times.
PARENTS OR OTHER VISITORS MAY NOT GO INTO CLASSROOMS. This includes dropping off or picking up your child(ren). Staff will see the students to and from the school or car.
Athletes are required to practice good health safety when practicing…and when on campus.
Parents and other visitors will be asked to wear a mask when in the office, and these visits will only occur when approved through Administration.
STAFF WILL WEAR MASKS OR FACE SHIELDS WHEN MAKING CLOSE CONTACT WITH STUDENTS. (sports practices will follow guidelines in place through the Coaches and the Athletic Director).
Our uniform policy for the 20-21 school year remains unchanged from the previous school year. Also, we will continue to use A+ as our uniform company.
In an effort to keep the risk of the spread of COVID to our campus, we will be emailing or mailing other information, including the student handbook and other policies specific to your child’s grade/classes. Additional forms and policies will be made available on our website.
I hope this email answers your important questions. The office has reopened as of Monday, July 20, and we are here and ready to answer additional questions or concerns.